Positive Parenting Tips from 24 Months to 36 Months
Following are some of the things you, as a parent, can do to help your toddler during their third year:
- Set up a special time to read books with your toddler.
- Encourage your child to take part in pretend play.
Play parade or follow the leader with your toddler.
- Help your child to explore things around her by taking her on a walk or wagon ride.
- Encourage your child to tell you his name and age.
- Teach your child simple songs like Itsy Bitsy Spider, or other cultural childhood rhymes.
- Give your child attention and praise when she follows instructions and shows positive behavior and limit attention for defiant behavior like tantrums. Teach your child acceptable ways to show that she’s upset.